A MORE DETAILED UPDATE IN REGARDS TO THE RE-OPENING OF OUR
ANNUNCIATION CHURCH ON BEHALF OF THE CLERGY & THE PARISH COUNCIL
Christ is Risen! Χριστός Ανέστη!
- Parishioners who are at a higher risk (age 70 and older, those who have a chronic health condition, compromised immune system, etc.), should temporarily refrain from attending the Church Services in person. Arrangements can be made with the Clergy for home pastoral visitations in order to provide the Holy Sacraments.
- Parishioners, who are ill or have any COVID-19 symptoms, should refrain from attending the Church Services in-person, until they are well.
- All attendees will be required to wear a face mask throughout their time of Church attendance. You are kindly asked to provide your own face mask. The mask can be removed momentarily for those who are prepared to receive Holy Communion.
- Before entering the Church, the temperature of each person will be taken by a designated Parish Council member. It will be limited to a touchless temperature reading of the forehead, and verbal confirmation in regards to your temperature. If your temperature will be above 100.4F, then you will be kindly asked not to enter the Church. This precautionary measure is generally used as a cutoff to identify a fever, which is one of the key symptoms of COVID-19.
- All attendees will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the Church. Please take advantage of the hand sanitizers that we will provide in the Narthex.
- It has been asked from us to write the name and phone number of all attendees the Church Services. This is NOT a shared information, and will only be used to contact fellow parishioners in the event someone communicates to the Annunciation Church that they have contracted the virus.
- The main Church Building, including the upstairs Choir loft (ginaikonitits), and the Breezeway, will be set up, based on the social distancing precautionary measures. Inside the Church, we used a blue painter's tape and we designated an X mark in the pews for each attendee. Furthermore, we will try to accommodate both for families and individuals.
- Due to the limited now seating capacity of our Annunciation Church, we encourage those that are retired or have flexible schedules to attend the weekday Services in order to allow for others to attend the Sunday Divine Liturgy. For that reason, the Annunciation Church, along with other scheduled Services, will also be offering some weekday evening Divine Liturgies. Our Church Services can be confirmed on our website, bulletins, and by contacting the Church office.
- For those parishioners who are at a higher risk, or may not feel yet comfortable attending the in-person Worship, we will continue to livestream our Annunciation Church Services.